Sunday, January 31, 2010

Fork in the Road

This entry will complete the first month of writing about my journey in 2010 toward living a life centered on Christ and my dedication to becoming a better person. I have shared hopes, dreams, actions and stories that have helped guide me along my way. However, there has been nothing more powerful than the strength God has provided through my commitment to living a life consumed by him.

I am proud to say I was part of the message series at church today entitled, "Fork in the Road." Everyone has a story that can somehow be improved through defining a relationship with God and working to improve their life by making a conscious effort to accept and obey the guidance of the holy spirit. I realize that it can be troubling to identify and acknowledge the things in life that are holding us back from receiving God's best, but I also know that making the decision to confront these strongholds will deliver us into a world without regret. God wants everyone to feel joy and lead fulfilled lives...

Joel Osteen wrote that 'Happiness is a decision you make. Not an emotion you feel'. No matter where we may find ourselves, we have the ability to transform our life into an existence that breathes joy into our souls and the world surrounding us. It is an amazing feeling to know that I have been forgiven for my past mistakes and have been given the blessing to follow my hopes and dreams. I find relief with my new lifestyle trusting that I will never have to look back on my life with the weight of regret on my shoulders asking "What could I have done differently?"

At some point, we all will come to a 'fork in the road' that offers the chance to decide which way we are going to go in the future. We must use this opportunity to repent for our past actions and offer all that we have to give toward living the rest of our life in the light of God's grace. The path may not be easy to follow, but the challenges along the way provide the opportunity to experience pure joy - the ultimate reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment