Thursday, January 28, 2010

Baby Steps

When looking for areas of improvement, I often encounter a barrier that separates thinking about change and making it happen. I find that I am bombarded with stress often feeling overwhelmed by everything life seems to throw at me. It is at these times that I conquer this anxiety by remembering that God would never give me too much to handle and provides all that I need to succeed. It also helps to remind myself that life is a journey - not a short weekend trip. By being patient and showing a steady dedication, I know I will be able to overcome any challenge and fulfill whatever my heart desires.

I can not help but to think about the movie "What about Bob?" and Bill Murray's use of 'baby steps' to conquer all his unbelievable phobias. Throughout the movie, Bob was able to move throughout his day making gradual progress toward defeating obstacles that once seemed impossible to overcome. Bob was able to see that he had the strength and courage to confront his fears and become victorious - but of course not without destroying Dr. Leo Marvin's life.

The use of these 'baby steps' in life can be a wonderful way to look at implementing change. No matter how overwhelming a task or situation may seem, there is always a way to break it down and work through it little by little. As the pace of life seems to increase, so will the amount of baby steps resulting in the huge positive change that once seemed too far out of reach.

I have faith that every baby step in the right direction will accumulate over time and lead me to living a much more rewarding lifestyle. I refuse to let the overwhelming nature of life hold me back from making my way toward a more positive future... taking one baby step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment