Thursday, January 21, 2010

Living My Legacy

I was blessed with the opportunity to share lunch with some senior citizens today through the soup and serenity program. I almost feel bad using the term "senior citizens" because they were filled with so much energy and enthusiasm... I could tell they still felt twenty years old at heart. They were definitely able to add some joy to my day with unbelievable stories and some much appreciated shared wisdom. I honestly can't wait to go back next week!

After leaving the church where the program is held, I found myself thinking about the experience and the conversations that we exchanged. It inspired me to really take an in-depth look at my life and desired future. What advice would I have to offer someone years younger than I? What stories in my life would I be most proud to share with another person? What will my legacy carry forward?

I realize that I have already lived out 27 years of my "story". Even though I expect my book to be much longer, there is no way to know for sure. Keeping this perspective in mind, I can see the importance on living for the now and working each day to develop a legacy that will have a lasting impact. I want to be able to look back at my life and have confidence knowing that I did all that I could possibly do to live a full and productive life always chasing after my dreams, bringing joy to others and enjoying all the blessings along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment