Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's Your Life

I was listening to Francesca Battistelli's "It's Your Life" and absolutely loved the message. I felt that the song did a great job capturing how important it is to act with faith from the heart at all times.

The song begins explaining that now is the time to do what you know is the right thing to do. She asks the question in the first verse, "Which way you gonna fall?" Thinking about that question, I had no doubt in my mind that I desire to continue falling toward the right and not the wrong. I also realized that I have all the tools and ability to succeed as long as I think through my decisions and follow my heart.

As the song breaks into the chorus, it really drives home the point that there is only one life to live and people should think before they act. Every choice and every action have repercussions that can ultimately lead down a path of destruction if not handled with care. I believe it also emphasizes the fact that actions can influence other people so it is very important to make a positive impact with every move made throughout life.

The song ends by acknowledging that there is a new opportunity each and every day to start living the way. I know that I have found myself in lousy situations that were a direct result of poor decisions, but I have hope that with the right amount of effort I will be able to minimize these type of future occurrences. So when the song asks "Are you who you always said you would be?", I can honesty answer "I'm on my way!"

Francesca Battistelli "Its Your Life"

This is the moment
It's on the line
Which way you gonna fall?
In the middle between
Wrong and right
But you know after all

It's your life, What you gonna do?
The world is watching you
Every day the choices you make
Say what you are and who your heart beats for
It's an open door, It's your life

Are you who you always said you would be?
With a sinking feeling in your chest
Always waiting for someone else to fix you
Tell me when did you forget?

To live the way that you believe
This is your opportunity
To let your life be one that lights the way

1 comment:

  1. I will never forget the famous words of Mrs. Miller, Lake Central high school English teacher "Your choices determine your fate"

    ReplyDelete