Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Finding Faith

I wrote the following poem after the realization that I needed to rebuild my faith in order to save myself from a path of destruction. At the time I had no idea how I could possibly be able to redirect myself, but also understood that change needed to occur in order to turn everything around in a positive direction. I am thankful that I was blessed with the ability to recognize hope always exists and that with faith I will succeed!

"Finding Faith"
What exactly can a lost soul see
Blind, though eyes open wide
Living like the wind so eerily free
Something missing deep down inside

Direction hard for this soul to follow
Mesmerized by the obstacles in the way
Held still with a heart that's hallow
Making decisions that just won't do today

So forces cry from love to help one find
The way to happiness and sincere fate
With life's clock waiting to unwind
At the will of a higher power's beating rate

Only faith will bring one toward life's goal
Filling the body with all it needs
So never give up hope for the soul
God given goodness always succeeds

No comments:

Post a Comment