Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Being Positive Toward Myself

The most influential person, place or thing in my life has been me. I have allowed myself to experience a wide range of emotions that at times threatened to consume my dreams from the inside out. I have let feelings of depression multiply at critical times in my life that spiraled out of control taking power over my ability to live a positive existence. However, I was saved from that negative lifestyle and now realize how important it is to keep a positive attitude and to speak blessing into my own life.

I am not saying that I have not come across wonderful mentors or experienced benefits from other positive places and things in my life. I am simply trying to convey how powerful my mind has been in leading me toward future happiness and success. My feelings of hope inspired through faith have been a saving grace to a rather lousy situation.

My employment status has absolutely put my practice of using positive energy to influence my future to the test. I have repeatedly been shot down for job opportunities solely due to my past background. At these times, I am bombarded with negative emotions that attempt to take root deep inside.

In order to conquer these feelings, I have been practicing being positive toward myself. On a daily basis, I speak out loud words of encouragement and declare that I will continue to seek and take advantage of new opportunities. I choose to refresh my self image and restore confidence by reminding myself of all the wonderful things I have and continue to be blessed with in life. This persistent positive attitude rejects any negative thoughts and creates a sensation that builds strength inside me inspiring me to propel forward knowing each day that I am that much closer to accomplishing what God has called me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment