Saturday, January 2, 2010

Goals - A Framework for My Future

I was told at a very young age that physically writing down my goals greatly increases the likelihood of accomplishing them. Throughout my time in high school, I placed extra emphasis on completing this task on a yearly basis and even preached about it to those closest to me. I truly believe that taking the time to make concrete statements outlining what I wanted out of life gave me a framework toward moving in a positive direction and lead to a relatively successful start to my adulthood. However, I let the fast pace of life start to control my actions once I started college and dropped this important endeavor. I believe this decision directly contributed to me losing focus opening the door to becoming just another lost soul.

Being unemployed and looking to restart my career, I put extra effort into my first challenge of the year - creating a framework for my future. This task has made me sincerely evaluate my life and generated ideas covering all aspects of life. I was able to honestly consider my values and realize just how positive this process was for my development. With my first interview of 2010 this Monday, I also believe I am more prepared and ready to put forth an accurate representation of who I really am today.

Within the next year, I want to earn the opportunity to work full time for a company that values my growth professionally in a challenging position that will utilize my current knowledge and experience involved with an industry in which I can work with passion. I desire to continue focusing on self improvement and change through daily reflection and take advantage of every opportunity to become a better person and a productive member of the community. I also will place the utmost importance on building and executing a plan to construct a secure future that both settles past/current monetary obligations and aligns with accomplishing my long term goals.

Looking further into my future, I want to be financially independent giving me the opportunity to be a responsible husband and father to a loving family of my own. I want to earn a professional position that allows me to utilize my leadership ability to make a positive impact on a large company. I also want to establish myself as a valued member of my community serving through my church and other non profit organizations.

I am confident that my ability to change and adapt will make it more possible for me to accomplish my short term goals. However, I will not be flexible with choosing a career that I am not passionate about pursuing. In order to make a positive impact and reach the level of desired fulfillment from life, I must be able to approach every day as if it were the best gift I have ever received. I will continue reading positive books that inspire me and make a daily effort to learn and grow. I will simply continue living life to the best of my ability following God's direction. With his guidance and the direction provided by keeping my goals close to my heart, I will succeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment