Friday, January 8, 2010

Overcoming Doubt and Adversity

Today I finished reading "It's Your Time" by Joel Osteen. The book had a very positive message and left me feeling inspired strengthening my feelings of faith. Throughout the entire reading, Joel stressed that today is the day to start receiving God's blessings and to actively seek them on a daily basis.

I have struggled to overcome this constant nagging voice inside me that attempts to breed feelings of doubt. I am often troubled when I think back to my past about all the horrible decisions I made landing me in my current situation. However, I can now see that the setbacks in my life have given me wisdom and made me a much stronger person. I am grateful that I was blessed with these critical lessons early in life and will benefit from the experience for the rest of my time here on earth.

I must continue to recognize that the biggest challenges in life bring about the greatest and most surprising rewards. I need to keep gaining strength as I move forward through all the adversity created as a by-product of my decisions. I truly believe that I will be given new opportunities that could lead me to an even better future with more possibilities. I simply need to live day to day with wonderful expectations showing my desire to succeed in everything that I do.

I also understand that there can be many forces of oppression along the way. I must look past any negativity and keep a positive attitude. I will continue to surround myself with people, places and things that breathe life into my ability to reach my goals. I realize that there is a wonderful life ahead and will search with all of my heart to find and fulfill God's plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment