Sunday, January 24, 2010

Following Christ

Today's message at Suncrest was entitled "Not a Fan". It stressed the importance of being a follower of Christ by living every day with a passion that shows complete dedication to him. Looking back at the last year, I have been developing a relationship with God that has helped bring joy and happiness to my life. As I continue to seek more ways to worship, I trust that I will be constantly transformed and look forward to all the blessings he has planned for my future.

My life's journey has been a roller coaster and throughout that time I have experienced many stages of belief. I have always had the holy spirit living inside of me, but I have not always had the presence of mind to listen to and live life under its guidance. After committing to obedience, I have noticed that I can feel his presence throughout my day providing the strength to overcome any challenge and take advantage of all opportunities in front of me.

I believe the most influential force in growing as a Christian is passion and dedication. Simply showing up at church or saying I believe in God did not result in the fulfilling relationship that I have experienced by giving all of my heart to him. By beginning each day with prayer, I invite the Lord to walk with me through my entire day and am constantly graced with his comfort during both times of need and celebration. My daily walk with God and my belief in Jesus as his son has restored my life through forgiveness and provides an everlasting love that leads me to living the life I have always wanted to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment