Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Trusting God

Today I gave a video testimonial on the journey of my life for a message series at church called "Fork in the Road". It was quite nerve-wrecking to have to recall my past and speak candidly about the good and bad knowing that it will be viewed by the entire congregation. I did my best to calm my nerves and tell my story in a way that will hopefully provide inspiration to people out there that may be facing similar battles with addiction and depression.

I was asked if I would be willing to give a testimony early last week and prayed for God to guide me in my decision. It would have been much easier for me to have denied the opportunity, but ultimately I believe that God wanted me to put all my effort into it. I trust that the video might be able to really reach someone that may need help and provide hope for a way out of a negative lifestyle.

Now that I have completed the testimonial, I have been running the experience through my head over and over again. I really hope it turns out well... it was quite different having two cameras in my face while attempting to share some of the most personal stories of my life. Even though it was tough, it has provided me with a great amount of closure on that past lifestyle and really reinforced just how far I have come in my journey of change. I can see clearly all the wonderful things God has done to transform me into the positive and productive person I am today... and I can feel God smiling down at me while saying, "Thanks for trusting me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment