Sunday, January 17, 2010

Community

Participating in church this morning, I sincerely experienced what it feels like to be part of a community. I exchanged a series of handshakes and smiles as I made my way to my seat. It is a wonderful feeling to have a sense of belonging in an otherwise chaotic world. I am so grateful for Suncrest and the opportunity to connect with others that share similar interests.

My world has been changed by this notion of "community". God has blessed me over the past year by bringing people into my life that have directly contributed to helping me become a better person. Specifically, I am a member of 2 different groups that provide companionship and support throughout the week. I sincerely believe that I am able to feed off of the positive energy of these groups. They have presented the opportunity to develop new friendships that have the ability to grow into lifelong relationships.

I am thankful for the chance to experience this sense of "community" and will continue to offer all that I can give at every single meeting. I want to be remembered as someone who adds energy to the environment... someone who people want to have in their lives. I trust that this mind set will result in a two way street that builds an avenue toward ultimate happiness and fulfillment.

No comments:

Post a Comment