Sunday, January 3, 2010

Inspiration, Moving Past Regrets and Dreaming Big

As I continue to strive for change in 2010, I realize that a huge part of the success of my journey will develop as a result of inspiration. I will continue to cherish all sources of unexpected motivation, but I will also seek sources of inspiration that are all around me. I will surround myself with positive people, places and things with the hope that they will fill my heart and soul with energy that carries into and throughout my every day life.

My church and the community at Suncrest has a monumental influence over my thoughts and behaviors. Today the message was was titled "No Regrets" bringing about an influx of emotion and ideas to start off 2010 in a way that will enable me to achieve happiness and success. As I thought about my past regrets, I came to realize that although there are many decisions I made that fell below my current expectations the biggest influential force leading me toward an undesirable path was my choice to turn my back on what I knew was right. This decision had a ripple effect in my life that accumulated negativity over time ultimately culminating to a point of Godly sorrow.

However, I believe I have been forgiven for my years of neglect. I am so excited to celebrate my new outlook and to share my freshly found dedication with anyone who joins me along the way. Leaving church this morning, I was left asking myself, "Am I really ready to live a changed life?" At that moment of clarity, I also asked myself, "What does that mean?" I sincerely believe that I am ready to live a changed life and that I will actively seek out everything that would better enable me to achieve the wonderful things God has planned for my life.

I am currently reading "It's Your Time" by Joel Osteen and finished a chapter titled "Praying Bold Prayers" this morning. It inspired me to look beyond my shortcomings and to realize that God has plans for me that I currently can not even comprehend. Instead of simply thanking God for the blessings in my life, I am going to ask him for bigger things and to make me seek my ultimate dreams - no matter how big they might seem. I am expecting wonderful things to occur in my life this year that will make it possible to accomplish more in the future than I could ever think would be within reach.

With a brand new week starting tomorrow morning, I pray that I will actively seek, listen to and walk with God as I search to fulfill my true destiny and live with a spirit that is alive enjoying all the wonderful things put before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment