Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Living Patiently with Faith

Driving home after my interview, I was being haunted by this sense of urgency. I have so many wonderful plans for this year and I am aware there is only 365 days available to accomplish them. I am certainly not getting any younger and certainly can not slow down each tick of the clock. So what am I to do!

The only thing I can do is wait patiently with faith and trust that my current actions will bring about positive results. I really must turnover everything to God and believe that there is something wonderful waiting for me. I can feel that God is working all around me... and there are things aligning as I sit here and write that I do not even know are happening.

It is amazing how God works in mysterious ways and constantly sends blessings of all different kinds. I am so thankful for his work in my relationships over the past year. Not only has my family forgiven me for my past actions with love restored, I have been supplied new friendships and even been reintroduced to a relationship with my best friend from childhood. A little over a year ago, my feelings of hopelessness would have made this seem impossible... especially with the reuniting of me and my long time friend due to the conflicting nature of our habits!

With a major change in my lifestyle, I had to completely uproot the people, places, and things in my life. Throughout that process, I felt guilty leaving people I really cared about behind but deep inside I knew it was for the best. However, I ran into my once thought lost best friend during a totally unexpected and much needed time. He happened to have an appointment scheduled immediately after mine at a totally random place... coincidence, It couldn't be!

Since it was a weekly appointment, I was able to see him regularly and rebuild something that could have easily been lost forever - a true friendship. I should have known that God would devise a way for true friends to find a way back into each other's lives during better circumstances. That is exactly how God works... and I carry that faith forward to ease that haunting feeling of urgency.

No comments:

Post a Comment