Sunday, January 10, 2010

Giving and Reflection

Today the message at church dealt with finding blessing in life through giving. The main point stressed that giving generously will produce generous rewards. I am a firm believer that people reap what they sow. However, I also believe the nature in how people give can also influence their potential return.

By giving the "right amount", it can become a source of blessing and peace in life. Before hearing my pastor speak today, I felt that people definitely follow their passions and give according to those beliefs. After listening to the message, I can see that giving definitely directs and influences where passion in life will form. For example, if I give money and energy toward the stock market I will be interested on a day to day basis in market activity. Therefore it now makes sense that if I really want to have passion toward something, I must invest resources such as time and money toward that something.

Listening to the message this morning, I also found myself thinking about the importance of daily reflection. Sometimes the pace of life can detour me from taking the time to reflect neglecting a valuable opportunity to evaluate certain decisions and their results. I should spend time thinking about the good and the bad to produce answers to questions such as, "What did I do to deserve this?" or "Why did this happen?" By participating in this type of reflection, I open up the possibility to learn and change behavior accordingly. I will then be able to see the cause and effect relationship identifying what contributed to each result. With this knowledge, I will be able to enjoy a more consistent lifestyle avoiding the repercussions of negative choices and enjoying the benefits of simply doing "what works."

No comments:

Post a Comment