Monday, February 1, 2010

Finding Peace

When looking for peace in life, it is important to realize that the search will not require physical travel... but rather an internal journey to the heart and soul. People are born into a selfish world that can often teach practices that do not support living a peaceful lifestyle. We often face daily struggles that are relatively trivial in nature but have the ability to produce far reaching consequences if allowed to dominate our feelings, emotions and actions. Feelings of anxiety and uneasiness must be replaced with an attitude that supports a positive outlook in life starting now and carrying into the future.

When I accepted that God is in control and truly understood he wishes the best for me, I was able to relax and take comfort trusting that I am exactly where I am supposed to be. I admit that there are circumstances that I would like to see changed sooner than later, but I have faith that God will lead me there when the time is right. He has a much better understanding of the 'big picture' and will bring me timely opportunities along with the strength and motivation to pursue them.

Given my current situation, I constantly encounter reminders of my failures and find it hard to overcome the feeling that I could be living in an expensive house starting my own family with a high paying job and a fancy car to match. However, I know deep inside that I am a much better person after surviving my past and can see how I am more prepared for a future that supports having a LOVING family with a job that brings JOY to my life. If I end up with an expensive house and a fancy car, I will be thankful but realize that those things are not what I need to feel fulfilled. Without the awakening God provided me, I could easily have spent my entire life living with objectives that would lead only to an ending filled with disappointment and regret.

By opening up myself to God, I have been blessed with a mind set that allows me to experience hope in every situation. I have no doubt that each difficulty in my life is another lesson to be used for forming me into the person I am meant to be. I am surrounded by the beauty of God's grace and it is only a matter of time before I find myself living the life I have always imagined - and with that I have found peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment