Thursday, February 25, 2010

Watch Your Step

Last night, I had a conversation with my Mom as she was comforting our precious Pomeranian named Belle. Belle is getting older and seems to be having trouble breathing with intermittent seizures. She is the absolute cutest dog and has overcome a lot of obstacles in her life after being born as the runt of the litter. She is an inspiration to me and always brings a big smile to my face.

My Mom has done a wonderful job keeping Belle healthy. She has a huge heart for animals and gives her all to looking after them whether it be our pet dogs or the wild birds in the yard. God definitely blessed her with an amazing motherly gift, and she has made the most of her gift raising three healthy sons and numerous long living pets.

During our conversation, my Mom spoke of her experiences raising small children and tiny dogs. As she held Belle on her lap, she shared stories of how she had to always be very cautious throughout the years to avoid accidentally injuring her small vulnerable loved ones. She said that she still and will probably always live with that same attention to her surroundings as she goes about her day.

It was great to be able to have a sincere talk with my Mom. I will forever be grateful to her for her unconditional love and the wonderful life lessons she has provided over the last 28 years. Going forward in life, I will remember back to the conversation we had yesterday as she made Belle forget all about her discomfort. I realize that I may not have children or small dependent animals in my care, but I will always have important decisions to make as I move forward in my journey. If I apply a similar dedication to those situations, I am confident that I will be able to raise strong and healthy outcomes throughout my own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment