Thursday, February 11, 2010

Heart of Happiness

One of the most influential lessons I have learned over the course of my lifetime is that happiness begins in the heart. God has granted everyone with all the tools required to live a life full of joy. We simply need to make the choice to promote a joyful lifestyle and make living with enthusiasm a priority throughout the day. Problems and circumstances in life are too often permitted to take control leading to discouraging thoughts and attitudes. When this mind frame takes root, all the joy and happiness we are meant to experience gets destroyed by negativity.

Depression ruled my life for a long time before I realized that I did not have to allow sad thoughts and self pity to drive my internal spirit. It was tough to break free from my old thought patterns, but I used determination to start replacing the anxiety and stress with feelings of joy and peace. I recognized that there will always be problems and setbacks in life... and if I had to wait for those things to go away to be happy, I would never again experience the pleasure of pure joy.

After God blessed me with this new wisdom, I began to implement physical actions to accompany my positive attitude. Even though my situation was much less than ideal, I made a conscious effort to smile as much as possible throughout my day. I looked for opportunities to share moments with the people around me that carried positive energy. I walked around in confidence with my head held high and my shoulders back. Before I knew it, I felt an ever growing feeling of pride and my new behaviors became habitually natural.

We can celebrate life the way God intends us to by finding happiness in everything we do. Through living with positive attitudes and joy filled hearts, we can transform our lives and share energy with others leaving them happier, more encouraged and more inspired than they were before being around us. It's a choice to have a heart of happiness... a choice with an easy decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment