Friday, February 26, 2010

Dr. God

After waking up with night sweats, I knew that my body was doing all that it could do to fight off the illness that has been plaguing me all week long. I have tried to carry a positive attitude through the episodes of chills and lingering headaches, but there has been no signs of improvement over the last couple of days. I have prayed for strength and guidance and have started to feel pressure about recovering. With anticipated interviews next week, my health will be very important to allowing me to put forth the best possible representation of myself.

I asked my Mom to drive me to a mandatory meeting that I absolutely could not miss this morning. After witnessing my symptoms and foul mood first hand, she offered to help me pay for a visit to the doctor and any medicine that he may prescribe. I stubbornly denied the generous offer keeping my faith that I could beat this evil sickness. However, she purposely took a wrong turn on our way home so we would have to drive by the doctor's office. I gave her a hard time since I could not wait to just get home, but she insisted we at least stop in to check for future appointment times. It turned out that my doctor had a last minute cancellation and would be able to see me right away!

I found out that I have an infection that has been going around that seems to linger for weeks without the treatment of antibiotics. After receiving this news from my doctor, I was so grateful for my Mom's persistence and the unexpected visit to the doctor. It very well could have saved me from another full week of agony which could have also led to a blown employment opportunity.

I have no doubt that God heard my prayers and found a way to restore my health. Even though I started the day feeling helpless over my symptoms, he somehow made it possible to not only overcome my sickness but overcome it as quickly as possible. After a restful weekend with medicine, I will be able to begin a new week feeling healthy and ready to amaze potential interviewers.

Today's trip to the doctor shows how God can make unthinkable things happen when we least expect them. We just need to always trust his guidance and keep ourselves open to his solutions. Because with his help, we will be able to conquer any symptoms holding us back from reaching our best.

No comments:

Post a Comment