Sunday, February 7, 2010

February 7th 2010

Today, February 7th of 2010, millions of people across the world will place all their attention toward what is arguably the greatest sporting event of the year - The Super Bowl. Throughout the day, we will experience coverage of inspirational stories, time honored traditions, heart felt performances and of course an action packed game of football. Even if we are not fans of the game, lasting memories will be made as we share this day with everyone that we love...

When I woke up this morning, I felt an amazing feeling of excitement and knew that February 7th, 2010 would be a day I would remember for the rest of my life. Now I absolutely love football, but the emotions I was experiencing were unrelated to the game that would be played later in the day or any of the accompanying festivities. Today I would experience true joy knowing that I have been forgiven for all my past sins and reborn into a life dedicated to following Jesus Christ.

I was baptized by Pastor Greg Lee today - February 7th, 2010 - at 12:10pm. A moment in my journey through life that will forever mark my commitment to living the rest of my life under the guidance of the holy spirit. As I approached the stage, I had the most wonderful feeling of peace absolutely knowing that I was exactly where I was supposed to be at that very moment. When I emerged from the water, I opened my eyes to see the world in a new light and trust that this light will stay with me for all of eternity.

There was a story in the newspaper this morning that told the story of Pierre Thomas, the running back for the New Orleans Saints. This young man has risen above one challenge after another and now finds himself playing in the biggest football game of the year. During all the hype throughout the week, Pierre made a quote that carried an intense message that truly showed how grateful he is for everything in his life and resonated with the same passion he gives toward living.

I set out this year with certain objectives in mind and trusted with all my heart that many positive and exciting events would happen along the way. When I was baptized earlier today, I experienced one of those moments and will remember February 7th, 2010 forever. I imagine I feel as proud as Pierre Thomas feels about making it to the Super Bowl... and that is why I am going to close this entry by saying exactly what he said during his interview this week. "Making it here was destiny. God paved this road for me, to take this journey, and I wouldn't change it for anything."

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post, Scott. I love the way you tell your story. God is using this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great analogy, Scott. They way you express yourself is awesome. As you know, so many things were completed at the Cross by Christ. Identifying with Him in this way through baptism is huge! Praise God! Seeing the transformation in your life and being able to walk with you as a brother in Christ, is a real honor...I am grateful. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete