Thursday, February 4, 2010

Lean on God

I woke up this morning excited for another day, but I also was experiencing a strange feeling that I have not felt in some time - confusion. It is very hard to explain the exact feeling since there really was not a specific thing that I could pinpoint causing me this sense of disorientation. It was not a welcomed frame of mind, especially since I have been so confident in my faith that God is in control and has been leading me every day toward living a more productive life. I immediately turned my thoughts to the Lord and using prayer placed an extra emphasis on strength of mind.

For some reason or another, I continued to harbor feelings of doubt as I went about my day. I found myself wondering about my desire to find employment and began questioning my efforts. These indefinite thoughts quickly turned into more contemplations about my qualifications and character. I was in desperate need of finding focus and realized that this would be a perfect time to turn to the word to look for guidance.

Proverbs 3:5 told me everything that I needed to hear - "Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight and understanding."

I believe that my lapse in reasoning was being influenced by the devil and am thankful that I let God help me conquer my feelings of confusion. He quickly restored my confidence and reminded me that I have been living at the best of my ability. I am determined to overcome the adversity in my life and will continue looking forward to receiving all the blessings God has planned for me.

I believe that we will all have days where it may seem like something is holding us back from receiving the glory that God has planned for us. Whether it be internal thoughts or physical obstacles, turning to God will provide the strength needed to rise above any challenge. So when in doubt, lean on God...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Scott...Just wanted you to know that Nick Fanelli put me on to your blog and I love reading it. Your story and transparency is going to be a gift to many who read it...including me.

    Thanks for letting God use you like this.

    ReplyDelete