Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Jesus Mission

Suncrest Church kicked off a four week message series this morning centered around "The Jesus Mission" and the account found in Acts detailing the rise of 'church' which began with Jesus ascending into heaven. Pastor Greg Lee communicated plans that will allow Suncrest to expand locally, regionally and globally to continue Suncrest's mission of being used by God to change lives. Upon listening to the wonderful plans, I felt so blessed to be a part of something so far-reaching and am excited to provide support for such an amazing mission.

The Jesus Mission in Acts 1:8 reads "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Upon spending time thinking about this verse, I was able to look back at just how Suncrest has helped me in my journey toward becoming a follower of Jesus Christ. This church that did not even exist when I was born has followed God's guidance and found a way to directly reach into my life. They have helped God transform me from a desperate lost soul into a hopeful joy-filled servant of God. Absolutely amazing... and I am just one of many they have reached with God's love and compassion.

I am so grateful to be a living, talking example of how the power of the Holy Spirit can restore a person's life. Over the past year, I have allowed the Holy Spirit to live inside me and became committed to following its guidance with all my heart. I cannot think of a more wonderful feeling than when God showed me that he has been and will always be present in my life. It's a feeling that I will continue to share with other followers and try to help others who have not been so blessed to experience.

I declare my own mission of living a life driven by the Holy Spirit to help God change lives. I expect God to use me as I move forward in my journey and turn to him for strength as I look for ways to assist with the Jesus Mission. Through my actions and prayers, I will be joining not just Suncrest, but a church of people all across the earth promoting something that will continue to change the world - The life of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment