Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Glance Away

I spend a lot of time in front of my computer at the desk in my bedroom where I often engage in periods of intense thinking, writing, reading and praying. During each of these activities, I find myself looking for inspiration and motivation to help me reach the next amazing thought or formulate another intriguing blog entry. Therefore, it is so important for me to create an environment that supports my dedication to these tasks by surrounding the area around my computer with items that provide positive energy.

Looking around my desk, I see pictures of my family, my favorite quotes, a written copy of my goals and the bible. I also have a childhood piggy bank, my baseball cap and of course my candy jar. I turn to each of these objects for encouragement and inspiration as I spend time working at my desk. They absolutely create a positive atmosphere that increases my productivity and continually bring a smile to my face.

I also believe that this intentional motivational decorating can be applied to many more locations other than just the area in which we work. Throughout the day, several positive objects placed strategically throughout the most common places of our daily routine can lift our spirits and completely transform our overall attitude.

For example, we could place a beloved picture on the bathroom mirror, the dashboard of the car, the locker at the gym, and next to the lamp by the bed. That's a smile while we're brushing our teeth, a smile on our way to work, a smile before our workout, and a smile before we go to bed! That would be totally awesome, right?!

I encourage everyone to take some time to identify these type of places and add some inspirational items. I am definitely going to continue to allow the objects around my work station to brighten my days and keep me on track toward my goals. I am also planning to expand this concept to other places that I often see throughout my day. By using this method, I will have several sources ready to provide me everything I need to keep going strong... and they're only a glance away.

No comments:

Post a Comment