Friday, February 12, 2010

Waiting with Expectancy

I have been waiting to get a break on employment for what seems like forever. Keeping with my faith, I wake up each day excited for whatever is in store for me and expect good things to happen. However, I find myself questioning if I have been waiting too passively and wonder if there is anything else I could be doing to live with more expectancy.

I have been putting all my heart and soul into my prayers trusting that God will provide the guidance I need to get through this time in my life. I have faith that I am on my way to bigger and better things and believe that they will come to pass in his time. But as time continues to pass, I believe I need to put more concentration on supplementing my prayers with actions that demonstrate my expectations and prepare me for the future.

When talking with people about my search for employment, the conversations have become routine and almost always bring up the 'state of the economy'. I have heard it so much I can feel the negativity eating away at my efforts. During future thoughts and conversations, I will refuse to acknowledge the slow economy along with any other negative topics. I will spend more time imagining myself with a job and prepare myself each day as if I actually had a job. I will not let uncontrollable outside forces discourage me from expecting employment.

I also plan to take physical steps that will help me to put more actions behind my prayers. Instead of spending all day in my comfortable clothes, I am going to put on nice work attire to do my daily writing and job search tasks. I will be designating time to focus on developing job skills throughout my week that will be beneficial to me after finding employment. I will live each day on a schedule that aligns with a typical day at the office. These behaviors will help me overcome any limiting thoughts and help prepare me for the wonderful blessings God sends my way.

I realize that I cannot see everything that God is doing 'behind the scenes' and will continue to rely on my faith to keep me going strong. I must continue to be positive and hopeful in my job search using actions to support my expectations. I am going to talk as if I will be finding a job tomorrow and act as if I already have a job. By replacing negative thoughts with preparations for a blessed future, this time of unemployment will help shape me into a more determined, skillful future employee.

No comments:

Post a Comment