Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Conquering at the Core

I struggled with 'demons' in my life for a long time before I was able to get honest with myself and attack them at the core of their existence. I use the term 'demons' as a representation of the evil attitudes, thoughts and actions that seemed to plague my life before I was saved from that lifestyle. Deep down inside my soul, I always felt the need to change and truly believed that I had so much more to offer the world than I was accomplishing while suffering from the strongholds in my life. After years of half hearted attempts, I found salvation using God's guidance to identify the real root causes of my problems.

In order to start the process, I needed to declare a desire to make my faith the most influential force in my life. I realized that there was absolutely no room for making excuses to justify my future actions and made the decision to replace negative feelings stemming from 'unfair situations' in my past with a desire to use them to make me stronger. At that moment in time, I noticed that something changed inside me and started to enjoy the positive attitude that transformed my life.

Early on in my journey of change, I found myself covering anger, doubt and sadness with forced feelings of love, hope and joy. However, my dedication had to constantly endure the relentless negative thoughts that seemed to reappear over and over again. I came to realize that I simply could not mask the ugliness in my life and began to take a deeper look inside to discover that these emotions were the result of dark buried secrets. Secrets that held the keys to the chains that were holding me back...

After working to let go of the hurts from my past, I was able to conquer the bitterness that was influencing my behavior. I no longer feel the need to blame my past and live everyday in the moment trusting that my future will be full of blessing and good fortune. Today I am confident that there is absolutely nothing that can keep me from receiving God's best!
__________________________________________
If you feel that something may be holding you back from receiving God's best, pray with all your heart for his help and guidance... and you will receive it.

"Heavenly Father, please allow me to see the truth about myself. I no longer want to suffer from the evil that keeps me from receiving your grace. Give me the strength to conquer negative attitudes, thoughts and behaviors and replace them with actions that bring lasting hope, love and joy."

1 comment:

  1. Arrrg! That tripartate enemy! Thank God for His grace, power, and promise of victory. Without them, I am sooooo lost.

    ReplyDelete