Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sustaining Peace

While discovering how to feel at ease may seem like a huge accomplishment, it is even more important to find out how to sustain peace. An unrelenting faith seems to offer the best chance to perpetually profit from the joy that accompanies a peaceful lifestyle. When tempted with a challenging situation, it is faith that will drive the ability to move forward with a positive attitude providing a sincere belief that, no matter how trying, each situation can and will work for good.

Even though faith does not promise to instantly deliver us, we can rely on it to lead us toward a brighter future. We must avoid living a lifestyle that resembles a roller-coaster of highs and lows that causes us to practice our faith more in times of need or express our gratitude only when everything is going smooth. Consistency in spiritual behavior will result in a peaceful consistency of perceptions and reactions to daily events - whether good or bad.

It is also important to live with 'big picture thinking' to enjoy a more peaceful life. I approach every situation trusting that God knows best and that his guidance will lead me to my true destiny. As long as I am doing my best and listening to the holy spirit, good things will find their way into my life and I can relax believing that I am right where I am supposed to be. There may be times in life that simply don't make sense... but it is at these times when I must acknowledge that God is in control of a much greater plan that I cannot understand.

As I followed yet another lead for employment today, I faced a blatant disregard to my true character from a HR Coordinator. She did not even give me a chance... I felt angy and discouraged since I know I have the experience and ability to excel at the position. However, I quickly corrected my negative reaction by focusing on my faith. I trust that God has a different plan for me... a plan that will ultimately bring much more favor into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment