Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Values

Today I spent the day completing a series of on-line training covering a wide range of topics including everything from company background to sales techniques. Many of the other employees acted as if I was in for a long boring day, but I sincerely enjoyed the training. I was able to develop a better understanding of the company's vision, culture and expectations of its associates.

Specifically, I was very pleased to learn more about the company's Code of Ethics. It feels good to work for a company that stresses the importance of practicing strong values both inside and outside the workplace. Furthermore, the structured Code of Ethics clearly defines shared principles that unite the company and will help the business successfully accomplish objectives.

I was pleasantly surprised through the training to find out that each of the company's values directly aligns with the things that are important to me under my own Christian based values. Before I joined the company, I had learned through experience that a firm obedience to a strong core of values provides a structured framework to finding success in life. I feel comfortable working in an environment that supports such a framework and look forward to leading through my own actions and behaviors.

I pray that the company continues to operate under the guidance of strong core values and that my fellow associates take the time to recognize the importance of following them. I also encourage everyone to take some time to reflect on our own individual values that exist deep within our hearts. By taking a personal inventory, I believe that we can all identify the things that are most important to us. With this understanding, we will be better able to make them shine in everything we do... and be fully prepared to conquer the situations that may threaten our ability to make the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment