Friday, March 5, 2010

A Sunny Walk

Today was filled with sunshine. It was so nice to step outside and look up to a bright blue sky. I took advantage of the change in weather and went for a walk. I was able to use the time to really get in touch with how I have been feeling. After recognizing some true feelings, I reached up toward the warm sun and thanked God for his presence in my life.

During the unplanned walk, I was able to really be honest with myself. I identified certain areas in my life which require more attention as I continue on my journey of change. Specifically, I believe that I can make a much better effort at becoming more healthy. I want to start making changes to my diet and exercise routine.

I think that I need to implement more discipline to this area of my life in order to meet future goals. Thinking back ten years when I was in better physical shape, I followed a strict schedule and kept track of my progress in a journal. I will be developing a similar method this weekend and plan to begin following it on Monday. I look forward to feeling more healthy and really believe that hard work in this area will carry over into several aspects of my life.

I am glad I took the time to reflect today and identify ways that will enable me to continue working to become a better person. The last couple of weeks have really been a challenge for me. To be perfectly honest, I have found myself fighting off negative behavioral patterns from my past. Using my faith and support from those close to me, I have been able to rise above and am so grateful to be sitting here writing with a victorious grin on my face.

I have very high expectations for this upcoming Spring season and look forward to all the wonderful events God has planned for me. I knew going into this journey of change that times would be tough, but I had no idea how great it would feel to overcome those challenging times. I will continue to give my all toward everything I do and trust God will take care of the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment