Saturday, March 20, 2010

Tomorrow ?

Last Saturday I was unemployed and engaging in the seemingly never-ending process of searching for a job. In the mean time, I was looking forward to my brother Steve coming home for a week to train me to learn his online poker strategy. My parents were getting ready to leave with my Mom's sister on a vacation to Mexico that has been planned for over a year. I would have never guessed how the week would unfold...

I was offered a job last Wednesday ending my job search. My brother became ill and would have been unable to come home to train me regardless of my employment offer. My aunt was unable to accompany my parents to Mexico after my Grandpa suffered a mild heart attack early this week (Please keep them in your prayers). Each of these events could have never been predicted...

I am absolutely amazed at how much can change over a short period of time. It really reinforces how important it is to concentrate on living in the moment. It is impossible to tell what the future may hold, and therefore we should avoid worrying about tomorrow. We must use our human ability to adapt to our circumstances and always follow our hearts keeping faith that God will lead us toward our true destiny.

One of the first bible versus to really catch my attention was Matthew 6:34 which reads, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

My experiences in life have taught me that God works in wondrous ways. He has a supernatural view of the world and uses his big picture understanding to align forces that make the world turn at his will. He can make the impossible possible and use a time frame that goes far beyond our ability to ever comprehend.

We must not waste valuable time and energy on questioning why something happened. Instead, we must live with an unwavering trust in God focusing our attention on living at our best right now. Therefore no matter what tomorrow may or may not bring, we can be at peace today and have faith that God will always provide everything we need to handle any situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment