Sunday, March 21, 2010

Refresh

The title of this morning's church service was "Refresh". It called for us to think about whatever it may be in life that is holding us back from receiving God's best and give it over to him. The message stressed the importance of turning to worship in order to center our souls and find peace. Specifically through song, we can praise God and thank him for the love, hope and control he provides in our daily lives.

A central theme to the message revolved around recognizing that life is not about us. We must continuously look for opportunities to reach out to others and allow God to use us to carry out his will. During worship, we should rejoice for what God has done and is doing in our lives. At the same time, we should be asking him to make our lives about his purposes and plan for us.

Over the past year, I have prayed every night for God to fill my heart with his love and use me to accomplish his goals for my life. I have found that this powerful prayer has allowed me to open up to the guidance of the holy spirit. I can feel God at work in my life and am continually surprised at the opportunities he provides helping to transform my life. I have been rewarded with unexpected riches that go far beyond the physical value of money and look forward to a future filled with more unimaginable experiences.

As I prepare for another week, I am placing extra emphasis on starting 'refreshed'. Normally, I organize my desk and go over the upcoming week's calendar. It usually provides a feeling of reassurance to start my Monday with an understanding of future events. However, I am sometimes left with a nervous anxiety after this weekly routine. Today I am replacing that uneasy feeling with my trust in God. I identified the events that are causing me stress and have given them over to God. I know that he will guide me when it comes time to handle them and that faith is so refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment