Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Trusting, Believing, Expecting

Last Friday evening, I received great news that I passed all the pre-employment checks and tests for the job I talked about last week as being a perfect fit. At that time, I was told to be patient and to expect a call back next week to move forward in the interview process. I kept a positive attitude throughout the weekend and looked forward to hearing back from them. I spent time praying about the employment opportunity and put all my trust in God's plan for my life. I have had the strangest feeling that this opportunity is the one that I have been waiting for... and this morning I discussed it with the training manager in a second round interview.

The interview went very well leaving me even more excited about starting the job. She seemed very interested in my past experiences and how I plan to use them if I were offered a position. I answered honestly with all my heart hoping that she would truly feel just how interested I am in developing a career with the company. After about thirty minutes of questions, she explained how the on-boarding process would work if I were hired. She continued to inform me that I will most likely hear back from them for another interview later in the week. I thanked her for her time and with all the confidence in the world I said, "I look forward to meeting you."

I have spent the last week believing with all my heart that I would be receiving an offer. I even envisioned myself managing in the store and succeeding at the position. I refused to have any doubts as I filled the unknown nature with faith filled thoughts and prayers. In fact, I expected every part of the interview process to go more quickly than they stated.

I am very excited to say that I have been made a verbal offer of employment early this afternoon. When I first interviewed last Wednesday, I was told to expect a call back later in the week. I was called back an hour after the interview. When I completed the pre-employment tests, I was told that I would have to wait throughout the weekend for the results. I was blessed with the good news on Friday at which time I was told to expect a call back the following Thursday. I then received a call on Tuesday for an interview on Wednesday. At that point, I was informed of another possible interview later in the week. However, I was called back with a verbal offer later that same day.

I trusted... I believed... I expected... and God delivered in his own amazing supernatural way. He has given me faith, commitment, dedication and determination leading me closer to reaching the potential that he restored. I am so grateful for this opportunity and will give my all to doing my absolute best. I can only imagine what my future holds and look forward to finding out as I continue trusting, believing and expecting.

1 comment:

  1. congrats, Scott! So happy for you...and inspired by you.

    ReplyDelete