Monday, March 8, 2010

Believe Boldly

I had a hard time falling asleep last night and actually tossed 'n turned for 6 hours before finally dozing off. Every once in awhile, I will suffer through a night with no sleep because my mind is racing with ideas. I have learned to try to clear my mind before saying my prayers hoping to push out all the thoughts that might threaten my ability to sleep. However, sometimes I have ideas that simply take control and begin to multiply leading to more thoughts stealing any chance to rest.

Last night I am glad to say that the lost sleep was well worth it. My mind was generating great ideas for several different areas in my life. I found myself rising from bed every 20 minutes to write down one brilliant idea after the next. This morning I awoke to a mess of post it notes and organized them according to their corresponding thought. After shuffling my notes, I immediately began to act on a bold idea that will hopefully impact my immediate future.

I am scheduled to meet with a judge tomorrow as a part of my probation for past actions. I have worked very hard to change my life around and hope that my dedication toward personal improvement will impress him. My background has seemed to be an obstacle in my job search and still have over a year before my probationary term is complete. However, I was blessed with the idea to write a sincere letter to the court asking for early dismissal from the program. I used many of the post it notes to form the letter and believe that it will help represent my progress. I know that the letter is very bold in nature, but I trust that God has inspired me to write it. I have faith that God works with supernatural powers and will use the letter to speed up the process of clearing my past mistakes.

Even though it is quite bold, I am so grateful for the idea and motivation to ask for what would normally seem impossible. Furthermore, I am so thankful for the ability to believe in something so far fetched. Regardless of the letters impact, it will show initiative and further prove my determination to move forward toward my goals.

I encourage everyone to expect the impossible in life and believe that God will reward you with unbelievable results. No matter what it may be, we should listen to the guidance of the Holy Spirit and put it into action by giving our all. When we act boldly and put all our trust in God, absolutely anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment