Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hop of Happiness

This morning I woke up with a big smile on my face and definitely had an extra hop in my step. Obviously, I am really excited about the new job scheduled to start next week. However, I think there was more to my elated mood. I was looking forward to sharing the news with everyone throughout my day.

Everyone who has been a part of my life knows how hard I have been preparing for a job. I anticipated that they would be very happy for me and expected to have several happy conversations. I absolutely love to bring positive energy into the lives of others, and today I was prepared to use the news of my employment to fuel every interaction.

First, I was excited to sit down and talk about the opportunity with my parents. They have been very supportive throughout my unemployment. My Dad gave me a big congratulations, and my Mom gave me an even bigger hug. I could tell they were very glad to see me so excited. Through our conversation, it was obvious that finding something that makes me happy was much more important to them than finding the job.

Next, I headed to the Soup & Serenity program that I volunteer at on Thursday. As I entered the kitchen, I was surprised by how many of the other volunteers immediately wanted to know the interview results. I am so glad I was able to tell them that I had been hired. It really makes up for all the other times I had to tell them that the opportunity just did not work out. Once the program started, I was even more amazed at the congratulations I received from the attendees. It really made me realize how close I had grown to them by gathering their prayer requests each week over the past 3 months.

I am so grateful for the extra energy God blessed me with today. It felt great to be able to share my happiness with everyone around me. From my family to the strangers I chatted with at Taco Bell, I hope my positive energy carried over into their lives. I am so thankful for the extra hop in my step and glad I used it to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment