Sunday, March 7, 2010

Forever Changed

Today the message at Suncrest discussed the power of the Holy Spirit and the changes it will bring to the life of a follower. Pastor Greg Lee stressed the importance of totally trusting God with everything in our lives. He made it clear that between the life we are living and the life we could be living exists a gap that can never be filled with anything except the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit. It is this mysterious gift available to everyone that often turns the impossible into reality. After accepting the Holy Spirit, we become servants of God with the ability to accomplish his will.

The Holy Spirit changes our direction, perspective and potential. We will instantly move from being an object of God's mission to a participant in a movement so much greater than ourselves. An absurd amount of time and effort is wasted on serving selfish objectives that lead us down a dark and treacherous road. The Holy Spirit will direct us toward a path that will transform our perspective. We will suddenly become aware of what is truly valuable in life ultimately allowing us to reach our full potential.

The topic of this message has played an important role in my life. Before becoming a follower, it is so clear that God was always pursuing me. His love and compassion were present in my life even when my resistance was in full force. I failed to see it at the time, but looking back I recognize that it was his protection that allowed me to survive. Over the past year, I have accepted God's guidance and listen obediently. Because of the power of the Holy Spirit, my entire life has been forever changed.

The path that I have taken to arrive at this moment in my existence has definitely not been one that I would have planned. However, I am so incredibly grateful for the blessed life I have been given. I have a great deal of faith and sincerely trust God to lead me toward serving a purpose much greater than anything I could ever think of on my own. It is because of his love and compassion that I now have a positive direction, an enlightened perspective and unlimited potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment