Friday, March 12, 2010

Commitment. Determination. Dedication.

Commitment. Determination. Dedication.

These three powerful words provide a succinct summary of what I have found to be crucial components to achieving success thus far in my journey of change. I sincerely believe that each serves a critical role in developing the ability to efficiently reach my goals. Even though they are independently important, they seem to carry an even greater significance when practiced together toward a common purpose.

Since I was a young boy, I was taught to associate these words with what it takes to be successful. However, I never took the time to really think about and define what they actually mean. In fact, I did not discover their true meanings until I was faced with an urgent requirement to conquer life threatening adversity. After a long battle of trial and error, I was eventually blessed with an understanding of each and that understanding has made a remarkable impact on my life.

I wish I would have been able to arrive at the understanding without having to learn the hard way. On the other hand, it may be the journey to discovering their true meanings that makes them so valuable. After all, I have learned that the terms in themselves are actually rather simple in nature. It was the principles behind them that proved to be powerful.

I have spent a lot of time trying to think of ways to explain these terms to others looking for change in life. However, I have come to realize that there is nothing I can say that will accurately describe them. All I can do is stress the importance of seeking them in life and hope others find exactly what I have found. Commitment, determination and dedication are created from the heart and will exist only as long as they stay there.

No comments:

Post a Comment