Saturday, April 3, 2010

Taking a Walk of Trust

I believe that God gives everyone challenges to overcome and life experiences to endure in order to build character and make us stronger people. He will never give us anything that we can't handle and will provide everything we need to live victorious. However, it is up to us to ask him for the strength and courage required to succeed. We must trust him with all of our heart and be open to his guidance through listening obediently to the Holy Spirit.

This morning I was compelled to visit the Shrine of Christ's Passion in Saint John, IN and take a walk of prayer to spend some time re-centering myself around Jesus. I almost didn't go on account of the rainy gloomy weather. After contemplating the visit for awhile, I ultimately decided that I would brave the rain and use the opportunity to connect with the sacrifices Jesus made toward the end of his life.

I am so glad that I made the decision to still go despite the wind and rain. It was a very rewarding experience that allowed me to reflect on the power of the story behind this weekend's Easter celebration. As I was gently soaked under the rainfall, I spent some time at each station talking honestly with God and praising Jesus for his sacrificial death on the cross. I was able to recognize how blessed I am to have the wonderful things in my life and realized that I owe it all to him.

In order to live under the direction of the Holy Spirit, I have found that I am often required to move out from my comfort zone. Some things may be as simple as stepping out in the rain while others can be much more complicated, but in the end we will be rewarded for carrying out the will of God. However, it is completely up to us to live with the required dedication and determination. Once we give our lives to God, we will see the world in a different light and experience what it truly means to be a child of the Almighty Father.

I have been asked to share my story at the Easter service tonight and tomorrow at church. Of course I jumped on the opportunity, but I know that it will require me to move beyond the shame that accompanies my past and my fear of speaking in front of people. However, I have complete trust in God and believe that he will speak through me to reach others that may be suffering from similar strongholds. I can't wait to see just how God will use me and look forward to taking advantage of the opportunity to move one step closer to becoming the person God wants me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment