Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Rise Above

This week I have been challenged by stress. It feels like my trust in God is being tested by a variety of external forces waging war on my ability to live with the extreme joy I have been experiencing. However, I refuse to allow any of these factors to control my thoughts and will use my faith like a shield defending my peacefulness from the chaotic world around me.

Proverbs 3:5-6 reads, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

The above passage was sent to me by someone very special at exactly the time I needed to read it. It allowed me to change my focus from the overwhelming nature of the pace of life to God's all consuming love for me. Even though life continues its attack, I am able to reclaim now as the moment to praise God and restore my ability to live for his glory.

Work can seem to control our lives. Bills can steal happiness from our hearts. The world can trick us into the unthinkable. However, we must never surrender to these external forces. By refusing to relinquish our joy, we wear an armor so mighty and strong that we can overcome anything.

Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

One week from today, I want to be able to look back on the stress in my life and laugh. I want to smile at its attempts to rob me of my joy. I want to be confident it did not hold me down. The only way I can guarantee these desires is to rely on complete trust in God. There is absolutely no room for doubt... no room for worry... no room for panic. I believe with all my heart that God works for the good of those who love him and will use this faith to rise above.

No comments:

Post a Comment