Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Stage

After returning home from a blessed day at work, I was able to catch the last 30 minutes of American Idol. I have always been a big fan of the show and look forward to the performances each week. I could only imagine what it must feel like to be one of the contestants. After all, they are ordinary people just like you and I being instantly thrown onto television's greatest stage to show off their amazing musical talents. I give them a lot of credit for being able to do so well considering their lack of experience.

During the performance shows, I often find myself thinking about how great it must feel to walk out on the stage. The atmosphere must be electric filled with an incredible amount of energy. The fans... the judges... the lights... the cameras... it has to be so overwhelming. However, the contestants seem to take everything in stride and put forth their best efforts with hopes of becoming the next 'American Idol'.

After considering the power of such a situation, I was left thinking about the stage concept. These contestants get in front of millions of viewers week after week and sing with all their heart. Attempting to win votes, they do everything they can to put forth their absolute best performance. Sometimes they rock... sometimes not so much, but they try. How cool would it be to have a stage like that where we could lay it all on the line and put our best out there for everyone to enjoy?

The more I contemplated this interesting thought, the more I realized that this stage exists for all of us. Everyday, everywhere we are living on a stage that can give us the same amount of opportunity and satisfaction that Idol offers it's contestants. Through our actions in everything we do, we have a chance to perform influencing and inspiring those around us. We may not be in front of television cameras or spotlights, but we are living our own precious one of a kind life that is in itself amazing. We should definitely be using our time on stage wisely!

Looking at my journey over the past few months, I am so amazed by all the encouragement I am blessed with on a daily basis. I do not know how to explain it... except that God is definitely working in my life. As I keep focusing on trusting him with all my heart, I believe that he is using others to lift me up. Just as the American Idol contestants receive votes for performing well, I feel like I am rewarded with all the positive words from so many different people.

It just goes to show that life really is an enormous stage lit up by God's glory. However, it is up to us to shine under his spotlight. With every move we make, we can earn supporters and make a difference. We can use the gifts God gave us to really make the world a better place. By making the effort, we just might find that the excitement of television's biggest stage really isn't that far out of reach.
-----------------------------------------------
But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. - 1 John 2:5

No comments:

Post a Comment