Sunday, April 4, 2010

Shadow of Hope

What would your "perfect day" be like? Who and what would be included? How would it make you feel? What kind of impact would it have on your life?

These are all questions that I never actually thought about prior to today. However, I have now been blessed with answers to each after celebrating this glorious Easter Sunday. Throughout the entire day, I felt God's presence both in my heart and all around me. It was amazing... absolutely amazing!

Suncrest concluded the 3 part "In the Shadows" series with a wonderful message entitled, "Shadow of Hope." The entire service was filled with uplifting energy and discussed a topic that has the power to change lives. It made it clear that Jesus gave up his life so that in his resurrection he would provide boundless hope to those who seek it. Because of his abundant love and irresistible grace, everyone can find true joy regardless of circumstance simply by turning their hearts to him.

During all four Easter services, Pastor Greg Lee invited me on stage to discuss my journey of faith and how it conquered my battle with addiction. I have been praying for God to use me, and today he took control of my body to deliver a message that will inspire others to defeat similar strongholds that may be keeping them from experiencing God's best. I am so grateful to have had this life experience and hope that my story will help people see that with God the impossible becomes possible.

Even though it was an amazing experience, my participation in the service was not the most memorable part of my day. It was the encouragement and support that came before, during and after each service. I felt a love from family, friends and even people I previously had never spoken with the entire morning. I exchanged smiles that radiated with joy and connected on a deeper level with many individuals that went far beyond the ordinary "hello how are you doing's." I was also blessed with an uncountable number of hugs. I just can't describe how great it felt!

Throughout the rest of my day, God rewarded me with a heart of happiness. I was able to spend the afternoon with my family. We played... we ate... we played some more... we ate some more. We shared laughter... we shared concern... we shared life. What more could I ask for?

Yes... today was my definition of a perfect day. It was full of love amongst the people who are closest to me. I felt the presence of God at work all around me and my heart was filled with his grace. I will take the memories of this day with me for the rest of my life and move forward with a changed perspective... a perspective that will forever cherish the "Shadow of Hope" that Jesus made possible.
____________________________________
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In God's great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. - 1 Peter 1:3

No comments:

Post a Comment