Monday, April 12, 2010

I Dreamed a Dream

I had a dream last night that really influenced my overall mood. I immediately recognized the effect this morning as I was waking up and drinking my coffee. The imagery was playing over and over in my mind. There was nothing bad that happened in the dream, but it brought back some intense feelings from my past.

During my morning prayers, I expressed concern about the dream and asked for help to overcome the feelings that were clouding my mind. I was sincere in my request and was inspired to spend a few moments after my prayers to reflect on the dream. The reflection made me think about reasons why I might be experiencing these strange feelings. I took a deeper look into my life and reached a conclusion that allowed me to temporarily dismiss them.

I tried not to think about the dream after praying to God to help me move past it. However, I was having trouble going about my day without the reflections from my past flashing in and out of my thoughts. I was scheduled to work in the afternoon and knew I absolutely had to find a way to overcome the menacing nag. I decided to turn to God's Word to guide my thoughts past the dream.

After spending about 20 minutes searching for direction, I felt relieved from the stress that I was experiencing. I am grateful that I was able to identify and address the feelings that were holding me back from living at my best. The dream was an unexpected surprise that threatened my happiness and ability to go about my day joyfully. However, God once again intervened and helped me become victorious. I am so glad I turned to him!
----------------------------------------
Philippians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment