Wednesday, April 14, 2010

PTL

Praise the Lord!

It can often be too easy to dismiss the miraculous occurrences in life as simply coincidence or good luck. However, I know with all my heart that these explanations are so far from the truth. With every encounter... with every event... with every blessing, there was something so much more in-depth going on in our lives. The Lord was at work carrying out a plan that goes way beyond our own understanding.

God knows me better than I know myself. He feels what's in my heart and experiences every emotion that fills my very being. He has never had to guess when it comes to my life, and I trust that he never will. He gives me challenges to make me stronger and sends me strength in times of need. Sometimes I may not agree with his decisions, but I have learned through faith that he knows better than I.

There have been times in my life that I felt abandoned by God. Instead of turning to him, I allowed our relationship to drift further and further apart. Even though I was running from his embrace, he never let me go. While I was living a sinful lifestyle, he was finding a way to save me from my negligence. He sent me everything I needed and more to become the person he desires me to be... and I praise him for it.

It is comforting to know that no matter what is going in our lives, God is working in our favor. He is providing exactly the right people, places and things that we need to become better servants of his will. However, it is up to us to recognize the blessings and listen to his guidance in order to receive the rewards he has waiting for us. It will be our trust and faith that will allow his plan to succeed... and regardless of life's current status, we should always turn our hearts to the Lord and give him all our praise.
-----------------------------------------
Psalm 103 1-5,20-22
Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.

Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits -- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

//

Praise the Lord, you his angels, you mighty ones who do his bidding, who obey his word.

Praise the Lord, all his heavenly hosts, you his servants who do his will.

Praise the Lord, all his works everywhere in his dominion.

Praise the Lord, O my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment