Friday, June 11, 2010

The Best Decision

I have had a couple days now to sincerely take the time to think about the direction of my life. In this time of reflection, I have considered all the thoughts and actions over the past year that have literally defined who I truly am as a person. I attempted to find areas in my life that may need some improvement and looked for things to pursue by exploring what exists deep within my heart. It has been a worth while evaluation and believe that this type of honest reflection is exactly what will keep me from simply going through "The Motions".

Looking back at the past 5 months, I am filled with a feeling of joy knowing that through determination and dedication I have found the path to a better brighter future. Along the way, I have experienced feelings that were previously denied and learned to trust in a way that I didn't know was possible. I opened myself up to the impossible, expected blessing and turned to God to conquer any doubt that stood in the way. I am so grateful for all that I have and will continue to give my all to show my gratitude in everything I do.

This morning I looked into the mirror and saw a person staring back at me that I have not seen in a very long time. He had a sparkle in his eye and a glow that shined with a light that was as bright as the morning sun. I could not help but to think back to all the times I looked in the mirror only to be disgusted by wasted potential and blatant ignorance. There was no sparkle... no light... just an emptiness filling a void for what could be.

When I started on my journey of change, I had no idea what the future may hold. However, I did know that there was something more out there to find. I knew deep inside that something was missing... and I took that first step forward following that inspiration. I found hope and put all my faith into something so much greater than myself... and it was the best decision I ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment